Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thing # 23 – Summarization

1. What were my favorite discoveries or exercises?
This is hard for me to pinpoint. There were many discoveries in this journey. I guess my favorite one would have to be Photo Story. I really enjoyed going through the pictures of my daughter’s wedding to make the slideshow and inserting the song that was sung in her wedding. This is a tool that I plan to continue to use in my professional and personal life.

2. How has this affected my lifelong learning goals?
I am a person who used to be afraid of the computer. When I was an undergrad, I typed all of my papers on an electric typewriter. I have learned so much about myself and the internet in this process. I plan to continue this endeavor by going back and revisiting sites where I can discover more tools to use in my career and personal life.

3. Where there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes?
Yes! I expected to get through this assignment and go on with my life. I am amazed at what I have learned and will continue to use. I will use Flickr for school projects. I will continue to use Google Docs for presentations and collaboration with fellow teachers. I have shared things that I have learned from this assignment with family and friends.

4. What could be done differently to improve the format or concept?
This format worked well for me. It was user friendly and easy to navigate. The links were all informative and I learned something new with each “thing”.

5. Would I participate in another discovery program?
Definitely! I enjoy learning about things that impress my daughters who think that they are much more computer savvy than their mother.

6. How would I describe this learning experience in one word?
Eye-opening (That may be two words.)

7. Now I will go and check out other blogs.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on completing your 23 Things adventure.
    Glad you have gotten comfortable with the computer...isn't it an amazing tool? And so forgiving of all our mistakes (unlike the typewriter!)
    And your second (3rd, 4th,...) trips thru the 2.0 will be just as great!

    ReplyDelete