Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thing # 19 - Web 2.0 Awards List

There were so many choices to decide from for this assignment. After connecting to a few and not being able to connect to others, I chose to explore Live Maps. The link too me to Bing Maps. I really liked exploring the US National Parks link under Explore a Place. I can see how this website could be used with geography lessons. The website provides pictures and descriptions of the U.S. National Parks. It can give students a chance to visit many locations without leaving the library.
http://www.bing.com/maps/

2 comments:

  1. I liked the map applications as well. Putting a map on part of a blog and allowing people to post would be a great way to explore geography too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to check Explore a Place out. Thank you for finding that! So many of our students have never been outside of their community so the pictures give them some idea of what the rest of the country looks like.

    ReplyDelete