Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thing # 22 - Nings

For this assignment, I looked at a few of the Nings listed and chose to concentrate on the Ning for Teachers. It took me to the Teacher Lingo website. This is a great website to share ideas about teaching. This interested be since I am currently a classroom teacher. My favorite features of this Ning are the Featured Lessons and lesson plans. I also enjoyed reading some of the blogs written by teachers.

After several attemps I could not get this link to work. To get to the website, you will have to copy and paste this URL.
http://teacherlingo.com/

Ning can be used in education for social networking so the teachers and librarians do not infringe on the students’ MySpace or Facebook accounts. I could see this being used with older students who spend a lot of time on their computers anyway. Ning could be used for projects through the library or classroom. This would be a great tool for the teacher and librarian to use in collaboration for a specific teaching unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment