Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thing # 12 - Creating Community Through Commenting

Being new to blogging, I have A LOT to learn. One point that I learned from the readings of this assignment is that bloggers usually like to have people comment on what they are blogging about. It lets them know that someone is interested in what they have to say. Another point that I learned about commenting is that the comments should be meaningful. This helps reinforce opinions.
Commenting on blogs gets easier after you do it a few times. I commented on the blogs of classmates and then went to the outside world.
I commented on a blog that my preacher has. I have known about this blog for over a year but until today, I had never bothered to look at it.
An Open Door Blog
I also commented on a blog that belongs to a first grade teacher in Virginia.
Elementary, My Dear, or Far From It

2 comments:

  1. When you get to the point where you are helping students create blogs, the fact that someone comments on their blog really engages them in a conversation and it reminds them that they are writing for an authentic audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had not looked at blogs as a means of conversation. I can see that some students would even be more comfortable communicating through blogs than face-to-face.

    ReplyDelete